Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I've felt better

Today was perhaps one of the worst days riding I have had. The weather's bite was worse than it's bark. Between the cold damp wind, low temps and exceedingly high amounts of sheer ice and no shoulder to ride on - the sidewalks were worse - I was not only cold to the bone but very scared riding out there today. I can handle riding close to cars - it happens all the time but being forced into traffic due to ice and not knowing if I will stay upright had me tense and generally freaked out.

Being forced to ride slower got my core temp way down - thus freezing the sweat on and in my clothes - inducing a near hypothermic state. I was dressed fine with lots of good gear - just wasnt ready for today. I will chalk it up as experience and will learn from it - and will appreciate warm temps.

I made it to the shop from work to warm up and dry off and Larry offered a ride home - what a God send.

cheers


ac

No comments: