Monday, February 04, 2008

2.4.2008


ride - drive - ride - drive.....22 deg, snow in the forcast, ice on the roads...ahhhh why not? well, it was a tad more interesting than I was readyfor. Lots O glare ice and the trails were a near catastrophe. I liken it to riding on large rocks covered with ice and death. However - I did spin in and made it in record time - improved the commute time on the rat bike by 3 mins...I was a mess when I showed up to work.





The gals at Carribou were nice and I got a free cup of brew for the effort and had to explain to some folks why I wasnt crazy and that the proper term is passionate. So a small victory in a sense that I shaved 3 mins off of a 15 mile ride...either I was really crappy prior or really good on this run. I will opt for the latter. No ride home however - cub scouts tonight and I know that I wont be able to make it home in time so my beautiful latino wife is going to pick me up at work so I can get back in time for boot hockey. I need to get 3-4 days in a week commuting to work - not for any reason other than to say I started training in Jan...and to get a jump on things.




the more i ride out doors the more i realize that cycling really doesnt have to stop this time of year. i wont do the sub zero commute - well, maybe but this above zero stuff aint that bad. Enjoy the day - and see you on the road.




ac

2 comments:

nerdman said...

I saw ya I think

Anonymous said...

well i go right past mav's by about 730 or so.