Sunday, February 17, 2008

I now know

Why South Dakota would be great training grounds for a supurb cyclist - this goes for skibby too cuz N.D. aint much better.

I was just out there to pick up my new mini-van....that almost sounds like I was excited to get a van. I really didnt know what to expect until I got there - this is a cherry of a car with not a thing wrong with it and I know what to look for in used cars. So aside from that - all I could think about was that there was a constant 40 mph wind the entire time I was there. I thought back to when I was in high school - the last time I was out in Aberdeen - and I biked from Aberdeen to Ipswitch - about 26 miles due west on Hwy 12 - it was 26 miles with a 30+ wind at my side. By the time I made it to my dad's old 2nd grade school house the wind was at my back which meant my ride home was going to really hurt. Fast forward to yesterday and today - the same wind the same thoughts.

So - I made it home through two snow storms en rout which was scary cuz in SD the snow storms are more than snow coming down - it is a total white out - both times I had to pull over - no kidding. The funny thing was in between the two storms was blue sky. I could see to the right the ENTIRE storm cell - to the left another ENTIRE storm and along side of me I could see an ENTIRE 211 car train - all at once.

I am now serious about cutting weight - and getting into shape - things have gotten a bit out of control. so - back to the grind and feeling better.

anyone wanna buy a 1994 suburban?



andy

No comments: