Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mini-Donuts anyone?


Last week Wednesday was a sad day indeed. Something so dramatic and crushing...knowing that it could have been anyone...any day...I am talking about the 35W bridge. I do thank God for the lives that were spared as it could have been much more catastrophic that it really was. But today I found something a bit more disturbing...on the stone arch ride.

I showed up late - maybe by 5 mins or so and I knew I had to catch up. I unload the bike, throw all the duds on, grab some water and up to the bridge I go...only to find out I almost have to walk my bike there were so many people. I was like - what the heck is going on? Everyone had cameras, vid cameras...all pointing and staring downriver. Whole families, one's and two's - what were they staring at....oh, the bridge where too many died. There it was and there were the people getting on tip toes to get a better look.

It was impressive - the magnitude I mean. But this was like 1000 people slowing down to look at the car wreck - hoping to see some visible sign of death. It was worse on the way back after the ride - which was great by the way. People going all directions - snapping photos and the vendor selling ice cream ( which i belive is there all the time ) had a real deal going.

My thought was to get a mini-donut stand and wait for the next disaster to strike so I can make a profit off of the folks looking for a little death.

No comments: