Wednesday, August 01, 2007

just didnt feel right..


Ever have a ride where you seriously felt about two steps off of center? Tired for no reason? I guess i have nothing to really complain about - at least i wasnt traversing a river on a cable with my bike hanging off my back. None the less - I seemed to have issues and I couldnt figure it out. Last night was a bit interesting...i had mechanical issues but aside from that - things didnt seem fluid, it felt like i was riding in the spring when my body had no idea what i was trying to do. this happens when i ride the bianchi instead of the single speed. i am taking a guess that I have forgotten how to effectivly ride with many gears...not that i was effective before but i am used to NOT changing gears on hills and downhills...and if i am in the wrong gear - i reach threshold reallllllyyyyyy fast.

I think i am going to stick with the SS more - it is fun, easy to switch gears and punishing plus it is really comfy.

I suppose that the cure to my problem is to ride with gears a bit more to get used to it again. heck, just ride more and get stronger and i wont have this fade problem. so instead of trying to be the leader of the pack or sign prime master - maybe the loons can hire me on as a full time domestique - that way i wont have to worry about trying to be the first across the line.


have a great day....



ac

No comments: