Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hills, then some more hills...oh, and then one more for good measure

Riding in LaCrosse is truly amazing this time of year. If you get a chance to ride in southern Minnesota - near Loon Camp or in La Crosse - DO IT. Perfect weather all three days I was riding. I dared myself a bit and ended up taking the SS to LaCrosse...I normally run a 42x15 on that thing but put a 17 on the back for the hills - I think I actually pulled a butt muscle. My time was limited - after all I was on vacation with the family so I had to make hay while the sun shined - super early morning rides. Friday was two rides totaling 30, Sat was 25 morning (hill repeats) - 25 evening same route...Sunday was the fun day - Hills and a major drop into Barrie Mills and back home - 35 miles. Not alot of miles but all hill repeats and insane. I didn't break a chain and I was maxed on output - constant climbing. I have a new TT for DIYTT - the Alpine TT....the base of Grandads Bluff to the Alpine Bar - 7min 48 sec - SS.

Riding down there makes me want to live there once again - the views, the rides....its all there. I hope to be back on a reg schedule with the group this week.


zuko

No comments: