Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Note to self - Vicodin Does NOT Help in Fitness

Well - I had a root canal done yesterday and with all the advents of technology - they had a tough time getting one of the roots numb...in the efforts of time as they got me in on standby, I said to go ahead without the one nerve numb. They already had half my face numb - i didnt need more. So they gave me a couple vicodin - crushed which actually helped alot...problem - that was about 3 pm and I was biking at 5pm. Well, it wasnt all that bad but a lesson in nutrition - my tooth broke over the weekend and living on pain meds and anti-biotics - and not nearly enough food - really took its toll.

I went into yesterdays ride thinking I could fake the fitness - I was wrong. Why is it when you basically fall apart - do you only see the where you went wrong. Bonk...yeah - that happened - throw in some pain meds and it makes for an interesting ride. I wont be riding with medication again - vicodin does not help in fitness. Great job to Mellissa - new girl took super prime out of the hands of Brian...

see ya on Thursday hill climb - i will be well fed and off the meds.

No comments: