Saturday, July 07, 2007

100 miles and running...

BlueThunder SS
I made it....along with a great group of 9 or 10. We did what was dubbed the "wussinator" and what a great ride - down south to Wayzata/Hopkins - into Mpls/Stpl and came back to Champlin...the actual route was like 86 miles and i would say the moving average was between 20-21 mph. Actual just under 20 - lots of stops. With my ride in the park prior to and after - getting pizza and goodies at PDQ - i topped off at 102.7 miles for the day on the trusty BlueThunder SS. I managed to sneak out 4 legit sign preems - Dayton, Corcoran, Maple Plane or Medina - I cannot remember and the last was Hopkins. Bernie took the hilltop preem of - Maple Plane or Medina ( i got the two mixed up) with a hearty series of grunts...he told me I needed to grunt earlier. Well, my grunt was more along the lines of pain rather than trying to muster up some magical strength. Bernie also sneaked in the hand painted city sign of Orono - good eye Bernie - that sign looked like a work of art not a city sign. Bergerbergermeister handled the Rogers preem on a solo sprint - never looking back once...almost missing the turn to Fletcher Ln. If I am missing any, sorry. There were some creek/river preems and city watershed signs - which were pointed out to me that they are more *personal* points rather than actual group victories.

Great show of people and great riding - I would love to do that again! Of course - we did miss the likes of Neil and Jay....and where was Erik???? On a particular note - Bernie and I were talking about how strong the entire group is at TH...I mean seriously, everyone was and is strong and not just for 20-30 miles...I mean 80-100 miles! What a blessing to have such desire and motivation. The neat thing...no one is really race motivated - they do it because it is about the ride.

So thank you for a great group and thank you Larry and Pam for putting up with us.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Out late bon firing with my neighbors.... A little hung over!Sorry I missed it. Sounds like more than I wanted anyway. 100 miles on the single speed. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

sounds like I missed the fun...bonfire and beverages? Yeah, I missed out.