Thursday, June 07, 2007

STONE ARCH


This ride is so cool. I have to admit - riding in the countryside is mucho bettero - hows my bilingual skills? This was the first time for me driving to stone arch and riding from there. Much easier. So its what....35-36 miles in the city? Big hills - fast breaks....especially when Patrick is drafting a Volvo at 39 mph....Don't worry Pat - you really are that fast anyway - in fact I thought I saw the Volvo drafting behind your rainbow jersey. I was happy with how I rode - I was freaked out cuz with names like Red Lantern, Painman, Hailstone....how does one compete with excellence? I was awarded a few names yesterday - JayT latched onto Fluffy, Cleary looking into his crystal ball and came up with Pinto....Skibby insisted on Zuko - for a pic I had with a curly cue hair style. I was happy - after a blistering ride on Tuesday, I had no idea how wed was going to turn out - felt good - feeling better every ride.


I must say it was nice to meet so many Loon state riders that I have never seen before. 12 or 15????? If I met you, trust me, I forgot your name about 10 sec after we met. I played around with the micro wave too much as a kid - messing things up.... My computer on the bike showed just over 20mph - give or take - average and for the amount of hills on that ride - i think that is good. Thanks for the great ride guys -- even though most of you will never read this blog..lol.

3 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

Zuko works for me. Good riding with you.

Anonymous said...

It's Zuko for sure!

Skibby said...

punto?