Sunday, June 03, 2007

Note to Self...

Take your chain tool on your ride with you. I should have today - I got a really nice 5 mile walk in the park whilst pushing my bike....in the rain...in cycling shoes...etc... Also - make sure to zip up the under the seat pack...that is a whole different story and amazingly found everything. okay - here's the story.

I took off through the horse trails on the mt bike in the rain. really messy. Chain breaks during a climb. start walking, my phone battery dead, no chain tool...no one else on the trails. Of course, its raining. Make it home and my feet are sore. Fix chain and head out again....not zipping up my saddle pack. By the time i hit the top of super preeme and then into that trail...I look down to see my tube fall out of the pack. I start walking back up the trail. tire iron here and there, tube, another 100 feet the hex wrenches, at the shoulder of the road a CO2 for inflation but no nozzle to inject the air. I was mad at myself. So, I ride the 20 miles and when I get back home there is the Genuine Innovations thingy right at the end of my driveway - nothing lost. Funny.

So note to self again - charge battery in cell phone prior to ride. take a chain tool. zip up bag. oh, almost forgot - have FUN. The mud was DEEP and thick today and well worth the ride.

No comments: