Thursday, May 21, 2009

thursday night fight

good night..was not ready...bike was not ready.

posted a time for the benchmark for the TT deal. PERFECT weather for a TT.

I was at the shop prior to the roll-out and Larry was looking at the drive train on the cannondale and mentioned that you could actually hear the bearings in my rear hub grinding...oh...so that's not a good thing...the good thing is that they are FSA and the bearing assembly is replaceable...but no way to replace them prior to the ride...not sure how much that would affect my time but Im sure it has something to do with efficiency. Later i noticed that the bottom bracket is doing the same...man, how long have i been riding with mashed bearings on that bike?

The group was a great - we all did the TT then did a 30 mile ride into the dusk hours....fast at times...i was wiped and not ready to hammer so I should have sat in but its not easy to do that with Hogland chompin at the bit.

super prime was Dave's...a bit of cat/mouse and with the group making an effort to bridge - Dave and I jumped the sprint and i led him to victory....i did swear as he wheeled me at the line. my thoughts...i got the better workout...and i am sticking to that story... great riding with you Dave - you always make me think twice...and hey...great job on the victory the other weekend!


ac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the battle. On the TT, I kept lookin over my shoulder, knowing your would probably blow by me any second, but as I alternated between the "secret flyin' V" and the "one-armed missle", I knew I you'd need to be "on" to catch me.

Can't wait 'till the next battle!

Dave