Thursday, May 10, 2007

WHAT A RIDE!!!!

How many people did we have???? Something like 10? We had it ALL and then some. Erik - good to see you dude - you have been riding alot havent you? We saw the unmatched glory of Neils Colnago tonight...Sweet ride man - very cool. I will pit that over the Merckx with Camp for this reason....origonal old school componants...Evans bike is rather impressive though but seeing that I have never met Evan my vote is with you.

The ride was flawless - Hot, 50 some miles, great route, even better people and where was Bernie? After Otsego he and a few others launched for super preem...holy crap. I was rather spent from a full day of riding on Wed and I toiled with riding the group ride tonight as I was not ready but I am sure glad I did. I have tan lines again...sorry, status lines as Bernard put it...marks of valor - bragging points.

It seems to me that everyone is a few notches up from last year - I mean, the ride was quick and that is great to see. From what I have heard, many have some serious racing/riding goals this year and with that comes a new attitude early on. Take for example the RAAM guys - they are ready. I have Fat Tire to look forward to and if all I did was to prep for that - I would be happy. Many new bikes, new shoes, new gear, more ride time etc...

I am exceptionally glad to be given the chance to ride - just ride. This summer should be a blast!

Keep your families, friends, loved ones and our troops in your prayers. They deserve our best.


ac

No comments: