Tuesday, May 22, 2007

In the Morning...




I have been riding my bike to work alot lately and if you have not done it - you really should. First of all - you have to get a good nights sleep to do this so no late night cyber surfing. Gettin' up super early, the cool breeze blowing through the house, the warm cup of coffee, light meal and the wonderful workout on the way to work. The best feeling is the look in people's eyes when they look at you at a stop sign or passing by ... you can almost hear "awww I wish I could do that..."

Well you can. Granted, I am in a position at work that I dont have to be around the client in person but many have facilities at work so you can clean up prior to the day. Just think...riding to work and adding an automatic 30+ miles every day thus saving some $30+ dollars a week in gas. Green is good and if it makes you stronger, more fit, alert for the day...its all to your bennefit.

I have found that if I ride to work - my workout is done if I choose...then my family isnt wondering if I live at home or not. you know the feeling. Take today - 4 deer, 2 wild turkey's, 1 eagle, 3 dead Canadian geese, a whole school of fish flopping on the coon rapids dam ( lots of fishermen this morning ), and one elderly couple holding hands watching the sun come up. How COOL IS THAT!!!! Beats staring at the lic plate of the guy in front of you. Today it was about the ride - the experience - the reasons why I love biking...you get to take it all in... the only thing i missed today was a bad start to the day...

see ya on the road!

zuko

andy

No comments: