Tuesday, June 27, 2006

So What's With The Finger?




You have been there. You know that of which I speak. Maybe they just dont know. Maybe they wish they could too but instead they lash out in anger and frustration. Okay, at times, we give them good reason to do so but for the most part - I dont get it.

Picture the evening ride tonight - a cool 70 deg. no wind and a wide open road. I had no choice but to ride from work up in Forest Lake for about 20 miles. Plenty of shoulder and wonderful scenery - the ducks, the deer, the wild turkey that I saw. It was as if God brought out His pallet just for me and converted the passage way just to my liking. Nothing tough like the Stone Arch ride but more along the lines of consistant pace, flat and enjoyable. Then there it was...like an ugly mark upon the face of God's creation. The finger.

Whenever I get this, I reflect back thinking I had swerved into traffic. I would deserve this but I didnt do that. Maybe this person knows me and dosnt like me - but I am unrecognizable in a Loon outfit. What possessed that person to flip me off? I know I smelled but there is no way he could smell my BO with his windows up. Maybe he wished he could enjoy the same joy I was feeling but he felt trapped in life. All the same, there it was - lingering like the sunset hanging over the horizon of his bench seat.

Well, I wish them all the best. Too bad they cant see the things we all get to see. I am also reminded that the attitude needs to be right, and not just on the bike. We all define who we are by the actions we take so make it plesant and inviting.

Have a good ride and smile the next time the finger goes up - its best not the let them win by getting angry. Be BBA and not CBA - you owe it to the people around you!


ac

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBA?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, brilliant and amazing... and that's it. They simply don't feel BBA and maybe never have. Our culture is so confused and disconnected that they probably have no idea why they did it. They are gifted but no one ever convinced them and they were probably never treated that way. The culture is not BBA, infact it has become cool to be a creep.

Anonymous said...

if you decided that being a creep is cool, you will find yourself in an isolated ivory tower with no one to play with....put a smile on your face and offer a friendly encouragment - the shoe may be on the other foot someday.

Home Skillet said...

wow - gianni wrote on my blog...that's cool.