Thursday, June 08, 2006

It will bring you up a few notches!


Neil's new Time Trial Bike

Yeah, the Thursday night ride was interesting. We had 8 riders and I was in full Loon regalia. Yes it is now official. Okay, so now that I have my fast shirt, I am at LEAST 22% more efficient. Just kidding. Riding with superior riders can be frustrating - most have egos that don't quit and would not want to compromise their ride time with the lesser bunch.....Not tonight. I would like to think that our core group of riders are all great, in fact I know they are because it isn't the ability that makes them so. We have to remember that cycling is a fitness sport yes but the ride is a fellowship enjoyment. We had a mix of both tonight. If you were there tonight, you know of whom I speak.

Again, a life and work lesson in full play. How many have ever excelled in an area, take your pick, only to really step up the game a notch when a stronger ability steps in? It is neat to see that happen. We see it in schools, work, life, church etc. I try to make connections with the bike and life as much as possible as cycling lends itself so well in this area. Example: in cycling you are alone but when you need the team, they are there - willing to help, to encourage and lead. Sound like life? Also, when you attack to do it on your own, you succeed sometimes and other times you are taught a valuable lesson...

Tonight was fast....Most of the time. We incorporated tactics, team effort and encouragement - this brought us all up a notch - going home with a bit more achievement for sure. Some were missed on the ride but not forgotten as the fellowship will again be there soon. So, to the Loons of tonight's ride - I thank you and to the the Rocket Man ( you know who you are ) - we all thank you.

Have a great week all and ride on


Andy

1 comment:

nerdman said...

that is my bike almost exactly!!!!!