Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mt Goat

Amazing, I remembered my new password to change this thing. Way to go Jake! You deserve the poka dot jersey tonight....the smiley faces are a nice touch. Great ride.

We took a trek northward to Monticello and back to Dayton. I know I put on 62 miles and went through one CO2 - Tube combo. It looks like I may need a tire too. Dang, just got them too. This sure is a nice route to take. Predictable primes which is cause for mass sprints. Just a note -- make sure to look over your left shoulder prior to busting out for a sprint or a pass. There are cars back there and if you are not cautious you may get the finger or worse a bumper. It has a few nice long but gradual climbs - perfect for laying on the speed if you like. We also had the blessing of having "Heavy D" Delaney with us tonight and his Retro Loon garb which was right up there with his Zebra outfit.
Again, I am reminded every time we ride that we have a great group of people. I cant think of a single person that isn't a blast to talk with - yes, even you Bernie. The encouragement, the excitement - getting to know people. Each and every person on the bike tonight put a great effort out there - they left it all on the road.
Hey Hogland - you were missed. It was good to see you the other night. Get better so you can kick our butts.

No comments: