Thursday, July 16, 2009

workin my way down...

spent time with friends on the TT course tonight. with the winds between 18-27 mph I was not expecting all to be that responsive to riding - but hey, 8 showed up for a brute-fest and all did a GREAT job. That turn into the head winds was a bit unnerving but the pain didnt last that long...

i was able to drop some time on my last time which was great considering the wind. What i have learned from RAAM is that nutrition is a key factor to performance every day, min or second. so with that said, e-caps, perpetuem and water were my staples today. Tiagra (the new name for my bike for obvious reasons) carried me through the wind and i really miss aero bars. I figured i started without them on this TT thing so I will continue to do so through the summer/fall to be honest with myself on times.

Thank you all for coming out and thank you Amy and Melinda for tracking the times!

Andrew

No comments: