Monday, July 20, 2009

In Talking With Brett

One of the best things about RAAM are the friends you take for a lifetime. I am sure that many who go through such an event feel the same way about the people they shared it with - but this was something that stirred deep inside. This RAAM thing was a compilation of excessive planning and a tight-wire balancing act of emotions, family time and personal readiness. With all of that jazz and sooo many stories to be told and things I wish I could just let go, I am blessed with the people I shared my time with pre, during and now in the present.

Thanks to blogs, facebook, emails and the marvel of cell phones...I have been able to keep tabs on the lives of those that mean so much to me and I would guess that many feel this who are part of the many years of Team Strong Heart.

I have found I still talk often with Tim and Brett and it seems every time I am at the bike shop........so is Steve. Go figure. A big kudos to Brett on the GC overall win on the 3 day stage race in NH. I have been mainly on the mt bike these days with a few days of road riding to mix it up a bit. Chequamagon Fat Tire Festival is soon to be had and it is a blast at the same time it hurts but the fellowship with good friends is what it is all about.

This blog posting is really going nowhere so I will cut it short - just some thoughts buzzing in my head that needed an outlet.

The ride tonight was dark and in the rain and was almost too perfect. Its amazing how gutsy you are when you cant see the trail that well ahead. If it were light out I would have taken it a bit slower but I didnt know better.

see yall later.


ac

No comments: