Sunday, June 28, 2009

raam

Just to say a big thank you to all who have been following. I have not been able to use a computer or really check emails these last two weeks. I did peek and I have 238 emails in my gmail inbox..yikes..

I have had many ask - if you finished first, why does raam say you finished 2nd? well, just so I can say it once...or a few more times I guess. There are a few different types of bikes out there. There are Upright or Stock bikes - what we used - and then there are also recumbent bikes which were used in raam this year. RAAM had put the recumbent and handpowered bikes in the 4 man category in the same competative group - this is not normal.

We were told that this was a mistake and that TSH finished first in our division of 4 person team...in fact we finished faster than the 4 person mixed (male/female) division as well. This will be reflected soon with RAAM as they assured us that it will be changed and an official press release will be sent out soon.

We finished 5 hours faster than the 07 team and 3 hours faster than the next team this year - we accomplished our goal - finish safe...then finish strong....then won.

Thank you all for your support. It paid off for the kids!!!!!

No comments: