Tuesday, June 09, 2009

the last....more than normal effort ride

Staying true to my "training plan", I opted to head out on this calm, overcast and cool-humid evening with the tuesday night crew. We had a full plate of regulars and everyone seemed itchy to put some efforts down on the road. Let's see...Melinda, Amy, Madonna, Holly, B-train, Willpower, Jorge of Mexico and myself (did I miss anyone?)...I am pretty sure it was eight.

We headed out without a real game plan and then in Fletcher we decided on Neilorator - its a great ride full of a mix of many things - signs, hills, well placed stops, clean roads (st. michael is a bit messy) and of course the rollers on 144. Lots of talk about RAAM, training, plans etc....and then of course the lead outs from Melinda, Amy, Bernie, Willpower - heck, everyone was itchin to pull some big efforts - A big kudo's to Holly for pulling double duty on a big ride last night and then tonight as well!

Great to see everyone tonight and my hats off to a well done, hard effort ride - it will be my last for a week or so....time to connect with the family prior to lift-off. Enjoy the week...the rest of my rides will be light, with the kids and on my single speed in the dirt.

My bike was boxed up today and awaits shipping orders to CA. Have a safe trip blue!

ac

No comments: