Sunday, February 08, 2009

4 hours - just under by a few mins

great day and biked with the duke on the trails today - fun times. the up and downs were tricky on a single speed but i felt good and it was great to ride with someone other than my mp3 player. if you had the chance to ride outside - good for you!

I got some pics from the CR Dam - the big chunks of ice were really neat and there were LOTS of people on the dam.

sorry - had to cut it short before.


Jay gives a call about noon and says he is suiting up and heading up to my place - about 8 miles through the park on the snowmobile trails. by the time i got home and kitted up and heading out - I come to super prime and he is coming down SP....as he predicted. he is good with estimates. we go to south diamond lake road - go west and pick up the snowmobile trail heading to the park. lots of up and downs - the effort on my single speed in the snow was a lot like Chequamegon 40 but without traction. each hill i had to jump on. nothing better than finally riding with people again and that it was Jay is even better. solid wisdom and solid friendship. we make our way into the main part by the horse camp and head in at a reasonable pace - no wipe outs - we get to the campsite on the hill and then to the bridge by hayden lake road and then to the ski chalet thing through the park- lots of ups...not so many downs. I was cookin in my clothes as my HR was hanging above or just below threshold the whole way. once there i opted for the urban route through Champlin on 109th then to the dam and back to the park and home. It was just under 4 hours and enjoyed the weather all the way.

I did miss putting on the rear fender though - and my back was really wet...stinks. I did meet a gal at the ski area that came up to me laughing as I was fiddling with my earphones. she asked - "where in the world do you bike around here?" well, trails and roads I said but you have to be a bit more careful. she was excited and was going home to get the mt bike out. people - biking is not just a summer sport - you will enjoy some wonderful sights in the winter that you just cant get in the summer. plus...you will burn mucho more calories in the winter keeping warm...throw in a single speed and enjoy the workout.

see ya on the trails/roads and spin class.

ac
ANdy

1 comment:

jorgehuevo said...

keep the fun factor going



jorge