Sunday, October 18, 2009

down with the sickness



its been just over 1 week of dealing with a head/chest cold that has sucked the life out of me. Not the flu or some bizarre voodoo virus - just a snot and achy filled cold. So in lieu of church tonight, I took my pinched nerve [in my back] and saddled the 29er and headed for some easy geared road and single track. After all, it was 70 deg when I left and by the time I got to super prime, my lower back popped and wallah, my back is better, legs stretched out and my cough was still kickin.

I wanted to cruise at some level of effort and 2 weeks of no riding and a cold said "you will ride easy today...." and so I did. Anything above about level 2 HR was a cough-ridden phlem-fest. This is ok b/c just getting out sometimes is a good thing.

I still get lost in the single track but Im getting better. With a few repeates up the sledding hill and a trip back on the double track - I was done and ready to go home. Dark it seems by like 645 or so...weird.

ac

No comments: