Saturday, July 15, 2006

I didn't know I had that many sweat glands! wow!

did we miss this sign? it looks like a nice place to visit.
Skibby, I like the choice of shirt and saddle bags - nice touch.



Yeah, that's right - IT WAS HOT. Okay, to get a feel for the ride today - you can simulate to some degree right at home. First, turn on your furnace and direct all the air into one small room in your house. Put on some winter clothes and run in place for about....say, 5 hours. Secondly, while running in place - take a hair dryer and turn it on hot and high and position it to blow in your mouth and nose. Thirdly, give yourself some charlie horses on the thighs to simulate muscle fatigue. Doing this might get you close to the joy we felt on the open road today.

100 miles - a Saturday from down under. We got an early start at 7 am and had 14 riders! Way to go. We headed out through Dayton and had some Rubaix style cyclo cross - that was for Bernard. Out to Albertville and then headed south to Buffalo, Rockford, Delano - I am not really sure all of the cities but it ended up being 93 miles back to the shop. I had to tack on 7 more once I got home as to not be the guy that didn't quite make it. I had to do it on my wife's mt. bike as mine had to see the pros at Trailhead for some hub grinding thing. It was really warm especially after 10 am. I added up the ammount of water I drank on the ride and it was over a gallon consumed. I did weigh the same after the ride which means I sweated out about 10 pounds of water! That is amazing! Great ride everyone - Great effort - an effort even Sean Kelly would be proud of.

I also want to thank all who gave to help Adam. He was surprised and grateful as he could not understand why people he had not even met would be so generous! Adam is a man that will not give up! What a better inspiration for today's ride? There is none. Just know that you can look inside and know that you are BBA! Brilliant Beautiful and Amazing! Thank you on behalf of Adam.

As for the title, it is true. Once you stoped it was insane how every inch of your body poured out sweat - I really didnt know that the human body had that many glads. Gross? Yes. Fulfilling - 100%. Keep up the good riding and be safe in the coming days.

AC

ps. Skibby - that is about as close as I will get to your suggested title. lol. nice to finally meet you.

1 comment:

Skibby said...

yeah man that shirt kept me cooooollllio...

skeet skeet, when the sweat drips off my ....